The Adaptive Computing Technology Center works with many departments on the MU campus, as well as off-campus agencies, vendors and social networks to help provide the best support possible for our clients. The list below encompasses a variety of services and programs around mid-Missouri.
Campus Committees and Groups
- Chancellor's Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- A committee which advises the provost on MU programs, services and policies for persons with disabilities.
- Chancellor's Diversity Initiative
- The goal is to expand opportunities for faculty, students and staff to engage and thrive in an increasingly diverse environment.
- Disability Center
- Provides academic accommodations and support for persons with disabilities at the University of Missouri.
- Great Plains ADA Center
- The center's mission is to provide accurate, quality, confidential services on the ADA and related disability laws.
- MU Assessment and Consultation Clinic
- Columbia Campus
- Office of the ADA Coordinator
- Has the responsibility of making sure MU compiles with Americans with Disabilities Act(ADA) policies.
- Student Success Center
- A central place to find resources, referrals, writing programs and many other student-oriented services.
Missouri Services and Programs
- Equipment Technology Consortium
- Short-term assistive technology equipment loan program for school districts and agencies in Missouri.
- Missouri Assistive Technology
- A variety of services from equipment loans to conferences and training.
- Rehabilitation Services for the Blind
- A state agency, located around Missouri, that provides services to people with a visual impairment.
- Services for Independent Living (SIL)
- A not-for-profit center for independent living (CIL).
- Show Me Loans
- Loans can be applied for by Missourians with disabilities, family members, etc. for wheelchairs, electric scooters, hearing aids, computers, etc.
- Telecommunications Access Program for Internet (TAP-I)
- Adaptive computer equipment and training needed for basic access to the Internet.
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- A governmental program dedicated to providing quality services to increase independence.
Off-Campus Assessment Centers
- Apple Accessibility Support
- Contact Apple Accessibility Support at 1-877-204-3930
- Assistive Technology Evaluation Center (ATAC)
- Mt. Vernon, Missouri
- Assistive Technology Evaluation Center (ATEC)
- Columbia, Missouri
- Thompson Center
- Autism and neurodevelopmental disorders