Are routine tasks painful or difficult to perform? Finding the right piece of technology can make a difference in your day-to-day comfort and performance.
See Supported Software for additional features and support on the software listed below.
Speech Recognition software gives you the capability to use your voice to compose emails, create documents, and even control your computer.
- For Windows only
- Microphone required
- Several different editions available
- Use the computer completely hands free
- Built-in Speech Recognition
- Microphone required
- Use our Windows 7 Speech Recognition User Guide (PDF)
- Formally known as MacSpeech Dictate
- For the Macintosh only
- Can be used with people who have speech difficulties
- Allows typing and speaking at the same time
- does not have voice commands to remember or distract
Word prediction software gives the typist several choices of a word as a word is being spelled out.
- Suggests words as you type and
- Provides spoken feedback for proofreading
- Works with Microsoft Word, NotePad, or Outlook
- An on-screen keyboard
- Allows you to type with a mouse, trackball, or head pointer
- Type into any standard Mac application, and it has an advanced word prediction.
- Interprets spelling and grammar mistakes
- Word prediction
- Uses the context of a whole sentence to predict the next word
- Add words and phrases customized to the typist
- Features Word prediction
- Provides a list of possible words based on the letters that are entered and on grammar rules
- As each letter is entered the words in the list will change
- Powerful word prediction
- Learns the writing style to the typist
- Features the ability to customize the vocabulary
Both Windows and Mac have features already built-in to the computer that can assist those who have difficulty using the keyboard, mouse or trackpad.
Navigate your computer easier:
- Mouse Keys — use the numeric keypad as a mouse
- Keyboard Shortcuts — open programs quickly
- Customize Mouse Pointer — make the mouse pointer easier to find on the screen
Make your computer easier to use:
- Sticky Keys — minimize keystrokes
- Customize Keyboard Shortcuts — quickly perform tasks
- Assign Mouse Buttons — customize the mouse clicks for easier navigation
- Trackpad Gestures — easily control the computer with your fingertips
See Mobile Solutions.
We carry a variety of products that can provide an alternative method to typing or an alternative to using the mouse. The ACT Center has these products for demonstration.
Bluetooth Microphones (wireless)
Headset Microphones (wired)
Ergonomic and Alternative Mice