Alternative Format Consultations
A consultation with the ACT Center is required for new students who have established an alternative format accommodation with the Disability Center. The purpose of the consultation is to determine which digital format will best meet the student's needs and to discuss assistive technology options.
If you are a new student, and this is the first time you have established an alternative format accommodation with the Disability Center, this consultation is one of the final steps toward finishing the set-up of your accommodation. It is your responsibility to schedule and meet with the ACT Center for a consultation.
The consultation involves the following:
- Discussion about your goals and the challenges you face with studying
- Explanation of the types of software that are available
- Recommendation and demonstration of a solution
- Installation and instruction of the mutually agreed upon software on your computer (Please bring your personal computer with you to the appointment.)
- Instructions on how to access your alternative formats folder
Although registration with the Disability Center is required each semester, this consultation with the ACT Center is only required the first time. However, if the solution is not working for you, please make another appointment with us. We want to make sure all of the documents you use for your education are accessible and in the right format for you.
There is no fee associated with this service.
This service is available to MU students with the Alternative Format accommodation.
To schedule your consultation with the ACT Center, contact:
Please bring your personal computer with you to the appointment.
For additional assistance, contact Tech Support at 573.882.5000.